|[Registered Qual & Unit Std Home page] [Search Qualifications] [Search Unit Standards]|
|All qualifications and part qualifications registered on the National Qualifications Framework are public property. Thus the only payment that can be made for them is for service and reproduction. It is illegal to sell this material for profit. If the material is reproduced or quoted, the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) should be acknowledged as the source.|
|SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY|
|SAQA QUAL ID||QUALIFICATION TITLE|
|MANGUZI SUB-CAMPUS (KZN COLL)|
|PRIMARY OR DELEGATED QUALITY ASSURANCE FUNCTIONARY||NQF SUB-FRAMEWORK|
|QCTO - Quality Council for Trades and Occupations||OQSF - Occupational Qualifications Sub-framework|
|National Certificate||Field 09 - Health Sciences and Social Services||Preventive Health|
|ABET BAND||MINIMUM CREDITS||PRE-2009 NQF LEVEL||NQF LEVEL||QUAL CLASS|
|Undefined||120||Level 4||Level TBA: Pre-2009 was L4||Regular-Provider-ELOAC|
|REGISTRATION STATUS||SAQA DECISION NUMBER||REGISTRATION START DATE||REGISTRATION END DATE|
|LAST DATE FOR ENROLMENT||LAST DATE FOR ACHIEVEMENT|
|In all of the tables in this document, both the pre-2009 NQF Level and the NQF Level is shown. In the text (purpose statements, qualification rules, etc), any references to NQF Levels are to the pre-2009 levels unless specifically stated otherwise.|
This qualification does not replace any other qualification and is not replaced by any other qualification.
|PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION|
|The primary purpose is to provide qualifying learners with a certificate level knowledge, to function as a committed nurse practitioner in both hospital and community settings in aspects related to basic nursing, by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and identifying abnormal/deviations from the normal activities of living, providing the appropriate care.
The secondary purposes of the qualification are:
|LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING|
|Learners who register for this qualification can:
Recognition of prior learning:
The learner who register for this qualification have grade 6 or 9 with Science subjects. This qualification recognises, prior learning in evidence must be submitted.
|RECOGNISE PREVIOUS LEARNING?|
|EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES|
|Critical Cross-Field Outcomes:
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate basic nursing problems of activities of living.
2. Identify abnormal conditions and refer specific problems to expertise.
3. Work effectively with other members of the team.
4. Organise and manage herself actively, responsibly and effectively.
5. Communicate effectively.
6. Abides by the ethical and moral codes governing nursing.
1. Think contextually within the scope of learning.
2. Engages in ethical thinking.
3. Can deal with problems related to activities of living.
4. Recognise & respect the dignity of a person.
5. Understands the principles of comprehensive health care.
|ASSOCIATED ASSESSMENT CRITERIA|
|Assessment criteria associated with Critical Cross-Field Outcomes:
1. Assess using assignments, projects, case studies, examination.
2. Solve problems by searching for alternative strategies including referral for problems beyond her scope of practice.
3. Solve problems by exploring situations.
Assessment criteria associated with Specific Outcomes:
1. Assessment by using task, PBL, Projects, Case Studies, Examinations, Continuous Assessment and accompaniment.
2. Relates learning gained from individuals and professionals, exposure to the community, PBL to different health problems.
3. Identifies existing and potential problems.
4. Develops and facilitates solutions & strategies to solve the problems.
Integrated assessment to ensure that the purpose of the qualification is achieved:
1. Continuous assessment by unit personnel and teaching personnel using assessment instruments.
2. Formative and summative assessment are integrated.
|The EN certification is recognised in other countries under the same qualification e.g. Britain.|
|On completion of this course the certificate graduate may proceed for further training/studies to the Diploma level if she wishes so.|
|A system of second examiners is used/optional.
The SANC provides its own system of moderation.
|CRITERIA FOR THE REGISTRATION OF ASSESSORS|
|As per the SAQA Board decision/s at that time, this qualification was Reregistered in 2006; 2009; 2012; 2015.|
|LEARNING PROGRAMMES RECORDED AGAINST THIS QUALIFICATION:|
|PROVIDERS CURRENTLY ACCREDITED TO OFFER THIS QUALIFICATION:|
|This information shows the current accreditations (i.e. those not past their accreditation end dates), and is the most complete record available to SAQA as of today. Some Primary or Delegated Quality Assurance Functionaries have a lag in their recording systems for provider accreditation, in turn leading to a lag in notifying SAQA of all the providers that they have accredited to offer qualifications and unit standards, as well as any extensions to accreditation end dates. The relevant Primary or Delegated Quality Assurance Functionary should be notified if a record appears to be missing from here.