|[Registered Qual & Unit Std Home page] [Search Qualifications] [Search Unit Standards]|
|All qualifications and part qualifications registered on the National Qualifications Framework are public property. Thus the only payment that can be made for them is for service and reproduction. It is illegal to sell this material for profit. If the material is reproduced or quoted, the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) should be acknowledged as the source.|
|SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY|
|SAQA QUAL ID||QUALIFICATION TITLE|
|NKANDLA SUB-CAMPUS (KZN COLL)|
|PRIMARY OR DELEGATED QUALITY ASSURANCE FUNCTIONARY||NQF SUB-FRAMEWORK|
|QCTO - Quality Council for Trades and Occupations||OQSF - Occupational Qualifications Sub-framework|
|National Certificate||Field 09 - Health Sciences and Social Services||Curative Health|
|ABET BAND||MINIMUM CREDITS||PRE-2009 NQF LEVEL||NQF LEVEL||QUAL CLASS|
|Undefined||120||Level 4||Level TBA: Pre-2009 was L4||Regular-Provider-ELOAC|
|REGISTRATION STATUS||SAQA DECISION NUMBER||REGISTRATION START DATE||REGISTRATION END DATE|
|LAST DATE FOR ENROLMENT||LAST DATE FOR ACHIEVEMENT|
|In all of the tables in this document, both the pre-2009 NQF Level and the NQF Level is shown. In the text (purpose statements, qualification rules, etc), any references to NQF Levels are to the pre-2009 levels unless specifically stated otherwise.|
This qualification does not replace any other qualification and is not replaced by any other qualification.
|PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION|
|The primary purpose is to provide qualifying learners with a certificate level knowledge, to function as a committed and skilled nurse practitioner in both hospital and community settings in all aspects related to basic nursing, by identifying, planning, implementing, evaluating and identifying abnormal/deviations form the normal activities of living, providing the appropriate care.
The secondary purpose of the qualification is:
|LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING|
|Learners who register for this qualification can:
The learner who register for this qualification have grade 10 or 12 with Science subjects.
Recognition of prior learning:
This qualification recognises prior learning and evidence must be submitted.
|RECOGNISE PREVIOUS LEARNING?|
|The qualification is achieved in whole by laid down Regulation of SANC R2175.|
|EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES|
1. Recognise basic needs across lifespan for families, individuals, communities.
2. Developed skills in observation and assessment.
3. Applies steps of Nursing Process/Scientific Process in relation to basic individual needs to all age groups.
4. Demonstrates developed positive attitudes, effective communication and listening skills across all life spans.
5. Consult and refer when necessary.
1. Think contextually within the scope of learning
2. Engages in ethical thinking
3. Dan deal with problems related to activities of living
4. Recognises and respect the dignity of a person
5. Understands the principles of comprehensive health care
Critical Cross-Field Outcomes:
1. Manage normal basic needs across the lifespan using interpersonal and psychomotor skills, applies principles of health education and recognising culture.
2. Demonstrates willingness to co-operate with other team members.
1. Identify, plan, implement and evaluate basic nursing problems of activities of living
2. Identify abnormal conditions and refer specific problems to relevant persons and experts
3. Work effectively with other members of the team
4. Organise and manage herself actively, responsibly and effectively
5. Communicate effectively
6. Abides by the ethical and moral codes governing nursing
|ASSOCIATED ASSESSMENT CRITERIA|
|Specific assessment criteria
1. Relates learning joined from experience by providing appropriate Nursing care.
2. Clinical evaluation;
4. Health Education;
1. Assessed by using task, PBL, Projects, Case Studies, Examinations, Continuous Assessment and accompaniment
2. Relates learning gained from individuals and professionals, exposure to the community, PBL to different health problems by continuous assessment
3. Identifies existing and potential problems by evaluation, accompaniment and continuous assessment
4. Develops and facilitates solutions and strategies to solve the problems by clinical evaluation, reports and examinations
5. Formative and summative evaluation
Critical Cross-Field assessment criteria:
1. Use their knowledge and experience to offer assistance to basic needs, problems at their level by clinical evaluation.
2. Shows willingness to participate in a team/group by formative and summative evaluation.
1. Identify using assignments, projects, case studies, examination
2. Solve problems by searching for alternative strategies, including referrals for problems beyond her scope of practice by projects, case studies and accompaniment
3. Solve problems by exploring situations
Assignment, Health Education and reports
6. Continuous assessment
1. Continuous assessment by unit personnel and teaching personnel (facilitators) using assessment tools.
2. Formative and summative assessment are integrated by using tests, assignments.
Formative - Includes: Tests; Projects; Clinical evaluation; Clinical workbook; accompaniment.
Summative - Includes: Internal and external examination; curricula evaluation.
1. Continuous assessment by unit personnel and teaching personnel using assessment instruments
2. Formative and summative assessment are integrated
Projects - Assignment
Ethical problems - group projects
Others - accompaniment.
The qualification is equivalent with the first year of the enrolled course.
Upon completion of the course an option to continue with the next level for Enrolled Nursing is possible.
On completion of this course the certificate graduate may proceed for further training / studies to the Diploma level if she wishes so and independent learning
|A system of second examiner is used/optional in practica.
The SANC provides its own system of moderation.
|CRITERIA FOR THE REGISTRATION OF ASSESSORS|
|As per the SAQA Board decision/s at that time, this qualification was Reregistered in 2006; 2009; 2012; 2015.|
|First year equivalent as for Certificate: Nursing Assistant|
|LEARNING PROGRAMMES RECORDED AGAINST THIS QUALIFICATION:|
|PROVIDERS CURRENTLY ACCREDITED TO OFFER THIS QUALIFICATION:|
|This information shows the current accreditations (i.e. those not past their accreditation end dates), and is the most complete record available to SAQA as of today. Some Primary or Delegated Quality Assurance Functionaries have a lag in their recording systems for provider accreditation, in turn leading to a lag in notifying SAQA of all the providers that they have accredited to offer qualifications and unit standards, as well as any extensions to accreditation end dates. The relevant Primary or Delegated Quality Assurance Functionary should be notified if a record appears to be missing from here.